The FIRM IS …
- More than 200 000 visitors per year
- Two main scenes located on a natural amphitheater: The Racine Street of Chicoutimi.
- The biggest festival of Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean region for budget, number of visitors and economic spin-offs.
- A free world music festival for all the ages.
- The only festival of Eastern Province of Quebec that is member of the Regroupement des Évènements Majeurs Internationaux (REMI).
- Economic spin-offs of more than $ 5M per year.
- A job creator : 3 full-time employments and more than 70 seasonal employments.
- An ecologic world music festival thanks to the partnership with Eurêko.
The mission of the Festival International des Rythmes du Monde is to make known the City of Saguenay and the region of Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean and to allow citizens to open up to the world. The musicians and dancers who visit us offer to the whole Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean a fantastic opportunity to open up to different cultures. The Festival International des Rythmes du Monde, which is very original, greatly enhances the regional tourist offer and contributes to the attraction of the region to the non-regional populations. The event also has very positive sociological benefits for the local and regional population. It increases the cultural vitality of Chicoutimi and increases the activity in the downtown area during the summer period. The FIRM also aims to develop the event in a sustainable and eco-responsible way.
The Festival International des Rythmes du Monde is a member of the very select club of the Regroupement des Évènements Majeurs Internationaux du Québec, as well as the Québec City Carnival, the Festival d’Été de Québec, the Western Festival of St-Tite and the Festival International de Jazz de Montréal. The FIRM has been a member of REMI since June 2010.